The wonderful world of social media has truly redefined the outdoor industry by creating a new two-way communication model that bridges manufacturers and consumers into a seamless exchange of instant interchange.
Social media, at its root, is characterized by the share and exchange of information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. This new and ever so popular advance in technology introduces a change in how customers gather their information and in some cases affects their purchasing decisions or perspective on a brand.
Social media differentiates from traditional media, such as print or TV, in many aspects such as quality, reach, frequency, usability, and immediacy. According to Nielsen, Internet users continue to spend more time with social media sites than any other type of site. At the same time, the total time spent on social media in the U.S. across PC and mobile devices increased by 37 percent to 121 billion minutes in July 2012 compared to 88 billion minutes in July 2011.
1. Free guidebook: Learn how to Attract More Customers with Twitter & Vine
Start optimizing your Twitter and Vine presence to generate leads and sales. Not on Vine yet? Learn how this new social media app can help your business grow on social media and get you more sales.
Get your free copy now: Click here
2. Free workshop: How to Master LinkedIn for Marketing
LinkedIn is an extremely valuable and successful social media platform for businesses. How can you take all the resources LinkedIn provides and use their for your company's benefit? View this on-demand workshop with Scott Engelman, head of Online Marketing at LinkedIn, and Mike Volpe, CMO at HubSpot to see how you can use LinkedIn like the experts do!
View workshop now: Click here
3. Bonus offer! A Handy Tool Kit for Launching & Measuring a Remarkable Campaign
Now that you can attract customers from social media sites like LinkedIn and Twitter, how will you measure what you got out of it? Instead of measuring the number of new followers you go, or shares on social media, actually measure the leads generated, cost per lead, and customers acquired!
Download this free tool kit now: Click here
3 Free Killer Resources for Maximizing Social Advertising ROI: Top Lessons and Best Practices from JetBlue, Zappos, Fab.com, and More!
Did you know that social has the potential to influence 1/3rd of all consumer spending? And that social and mobile will drive half of all online sales by 2015? Be sure to take the next steps and make sure you're ready to take advantage of this incredible opportunity by downloading your complimentary eBook bundle: Click here
Learn how leading brands – such as JetBlue and Fab.com – have harnessed the potential of social to drive engagement, sales and brand advocacy. Then bolster your social marketing arsenal with new best practices for maximizing Facebook, social marketing lessons from top brands, and a new framework for measuring social marketing ROI – based on real case studies and real numbers.
Download the complete Social Marketing eBook bundle, compliments of Moontoast: Click here
• Top Social Engagement Lessons from JetBlue, Zappos, Fab.com, and Kirkland's – Discover how Fab.com doubled the lifetime value of socially engaged members!
• 6 Best Practices to Get the Most of Your Facebook Investment – Find out how top brands tap into the $1 trillion market.
• DITE: The New Framework for Achieving and Measuring Social ROI – Revolutionize the way you quantify social.
Click the link to download now! Click here
Poker is at least a century old, and yet, it continues to be the most popular card game in the world. What is more, the game steadily makes converts among young adults, which is remarkable for a game often associated with old-timers like James Bond via Casino Royale. Market studies frequently describe the demographics of online poker sites as males between the ages of 25 and 34 who are college-educated. Winners of prestigious poker tournaments like the World Poker Tour and the World Series of Poker are often young men who prefer to bluff their way to victory garbed in hoodies and baggy pants than in a suit that resembles that of a member of the British Secret Service.
This poker renaissance is largely because of the recent changes in media technology. Online poker sites like de.partypoker.com allow users to play the game without having to go a physical casino. Not a few top poker players today had their start in such online poker rooms.
The renewed interest in the card game is also fueled by the social media boom. An article from Poker News Boy describes how social media has changed poker news reporting and the way the poker community interacts:
EdgeRank is a fancy algorithm that Facebook uses to decide what content to distribute to users' news feeds This is a very important concept and if you happen to be a community manager, you should definitely educate yourself on the inner workings of Edgerank. Until recently, Edgerank was influenced by 3 major factors; affinity, weight and time decay. According to EdgeRankChecker, Facebook has made a recent change to the algorithm which increases the importance of Negative Feedback. I personally think that this addition makes perfect sense and will make EdgeRank a more thorough algorithm.
Before we dive into Negative Feedback, let's briefly refresh ourselves on the original factors that make up EdgeRank:
- Affinity – Affinity is the prior interaction with a page's posts. If a user engages with a lot of content from a particular page, they will see the page's content more often. This also includes other people's reactions to a content piece. If many people engage with a content piece, it is more likely to show up in another user's timeline.
- Weight – Weight is based on previous interaction with posts of the same type. For instance, if a person usually engages with photos, they will be shown more photos.
- Time Decay – Time decay is essentially how recent the content is. Facebook always wants to provide users with the most recent and relevant content, so an older content piece is less likely to be shown.
More Articles ...
- Big World, Little Network
- Hear it on the Vine: Using Video Communication with Social Media
- Want to Succeed with Social Media Marketing in 2013?
- Brand Influencers: They're Good For Business
- Staying Connected to Social Networks (all of them)
- Jeep and Burger King Hacks Shine Light on Twitter's Treatment of Marketers