One in five photos or videos on Instagram show up with annoying whitespace around them because people use other apps to letterbox their landscape or portrait imagery to fit in Instagram’s square cropping. So today, Instagram for iOS and Android is dropping the requirement that all photos and videos be squares. Now when users upload photos, they can pinch or tap a format button on the left to post their landscape or portrait photos and videos. Squares are still allowed, though.
Nearly all content marketing advice is broken out into one of two trains of thought.
First there is the tactical advice. These are things like best practices, optimization and anything else that deals with improvements at the micro-level.
Visual marketing is a primary source for customer engagement in the modern age. A necessary component for competing online, visual content is the best way to distinguish yourself from the crowd. The question is, how do you make your content the best when so many others are pushing to do the same thing?
Yesterday, I wrote about why Pinterest in the best social network for ecommerce.
Today, let’s talk about how to get started on Pinterest. I’ve attached an infographic from Quick Sprout about getting your first follows onside.
So, after you join Pinterest:
Today, the WSJ reported that the NFL’s video test with Facebook ended “quietly” earlier this year. The publication also referred to it as a “partnership,” a term that is used very loosely in business, especially here in the Valley. But hey, maybe Facebook decided to end the thing (we’ve asked Facebook and will update if we hear back).
- [New Free Webinar] AUTHENTIC ADVERTISING: How Marketers are Leveraging Social Content to PERSUADE and ENGAGE Rather than Promote – Tuesday, Sept. 1, 12n EST/ 9am PST
- Co-Founder Garrett Camp Buys Back Majority Share In StumbleUpon
- Dodge Kickstarter Fees And Take Crowdfunding On Your Site With Celery Launch
- Yahoo Announces New Tumblr Sharing Tools And Native Video Ads For Developers
- Facebook Goes Nuclear On The Messaging War With Its M Assistant
- [New Free eBook] The Essential 2015 Social Media Resource Guide – How to Go from Start to Smart!