10 Useful Social Networking Statistics for 2014
How are we using the leading social networks in 2014? We’ve been poring through Pew Internet’s latest research findings and have picked out ten key findings (to save you the bother).
- Pinterest (21%) is now more popular than Twitter (18%) among Internet users.
- Women are four times more likely to be Pinterest users than men.
- Facebook is ageing. 45% of Internet users aged 65+ use Facebook.
- Pinterest attracts older people. Twitter and Instagram are still youth dominated networks, but 23% of Internet users aged 50+ use Pinterest.
- Contrary to popular belief, most people aren’t using multiple social networks. Over 50% of Internet users either don’t use any social networks, or use just one (i.e. Facebook).
- Facebook and Instagram users are the most engaged. Around 60% of their users sign in every day (compared to 46% of Twitter users)
- Almost all social networkers use Facebook. In fact, over 80% of ‘other’ social network users also use Facebook.
- Instagrammers also use Twitter. There is a 50% crossover between the networks.
- Pinterest and LinkedIn are stand-alone networks. There is much less crossover usage with other networks (except Facebook).
- Pinterest and LinkedIn users are wealthier than the other networks with a high percentage earning over $75000 PA.
(Article and body image via Our Social Times)